Back pain can be debilitating. I remember when I lived in Spain and the horses spent their nights in a stable.
Whilst mucking them out, I ended up with a bad back. My husband told me afterwards that it was because I was lifting and twisting at the same time. I did wonder why it had taken him so long to tell me that I was doing it all wrong
Anyhow, I ended up with a strange feeling in my back after one week. It was uncomfortable to stand still, sit down, lay down… in fact, it didn’t feel good in any position.
It took months before it felt right again – I didn’t know about Bowen Therapy in those days.
Now if I injure myself at all, my first port of call is my Bowen therapist and if we catch it early enough, I normally only need a couple of sessions before feeling as right as rain again.
My 5 Top Tips to help prevent back pain
- Do Core Strengthening exercises to help prevent injuring your back in the first place
- Distribute the load of your shopping and avoid carrying bags that are too heavy for you
- Be careful how you lift...avoid turning or twisting your body while lifting or holding a heavy object
- Drink plenty of water to hydrate your muscles and your spinal discs
- Don't sit for too long - get up and move about regularly - be like a cat and have a good stretch
If you have been suffering with back pain, and everything else that you’ve tried doesn’t seem to be working – give me a call and we can have a chat. Or visit www.westsussexbowen.com to find out more.